Contentment from Within
How much time do you spend moving towards where you want to be verses being content with where you are? Where can you create space on your life? What would that space allow you to let in? What do you cling to (mentally/physically)? How could letting go of this allow you to let yourself live more fully and deeply?
Explore these questions and perhaps begin to work towards answers as you join Becky for three hours of exploring the philosophy behind Santosha, the second of the five Niyamas. Navigate towards the contentment that exists within (no matter what life may have to offer) as we partake in journaling and discussion and flow though a Vinyasa practice. This will be followed by various practices that encourage finding that place of true acceptance and contentment, including progressive relaxation, visualization, and yoga nidra.
Please dress comfortably and bring a mat, a journal and a pen. It’s also best to avoid eating a heavy meal 60 minutes prior to this workshop.
We intend to create a community that revolves around a marketplace of ideas built on ancient wisdom and forward thinking. We hope that those who participate try new techniques of yoga and meditation, learn about how we can more positively impact our society and planet, learn to make happiness an everyday experience and have a wonderful weekend surrounded by beautiful and optimistic people.
At Shensara you camp for three days on the banks of the Shenandoah River. You are free to roam around the natural beauty of The Farm, swim in the river, relax and attend any of the activities we have planned. Some of the activities include:
- Yoga classes and workshops on several different styles of yoga.
- Guided meditations that allow the participants to discover and try different methods of meditation.
- Workshops that bridge the gap between science and our spiritual practice.
- Workshops from community leaders, business owners and individuals that have built business or projects that respect the environment, their costumers and their employees.
- Join the Kirtan chanting and drum circle at the nightly bonfire.
- Listen to soothing music at the main stage, then end the night dancing with your friends and the community to world beats.
- Learn how to build an organic garden in your backyard or your apartment.
- Sit quietly in the Meditation grove, a space surrounded by nature dedicated for quiet meditation or reflection.
We will continue to add new, different and exciting activities and projects till the day of the festival.
Visit the Shensara Website for more information.